We meet again, Internet! I … didn’t forget you, I’ve just been a strange combination of lazy and sick and out doing things.
First things first, I am on a quest to find the best pizza joint that delivers to my neighborhood. So far I’ve done ok, with only one atrocious misadventure. (Q: How do you royally screw up a cheese pie and lose a customer in less than 2 minutes? A: Deliver it vertically, with confidence!) I’m still not convinced I’ve found the best place, but it could just be because I’m just outside South Philly and have a decent grasp on statistics. (If you live near me and have a joint you like, tell me about it.)
A couple of weeks ago, while digging through one of the many bins that are the sum of my belongings here with me (everything else is still in Vermont) to find something to wear I finally snapped and decided to go buy some actual furniture. I’m a long-term temp and not feeling entirely secure in my employment, however, I can’t stand living like a squatter anymore in my big beautiful freshly painted room with the fancy remote-controlled fireplace. I mean, really! Settle down!
So I went a used furniture shop that is either a cool charity or a front for something shady, and bought a great old all-wood dresser and desk. No assembly required — they are solid. They hooked me up with a delivery service that had them in my room in three hours. Ever since, the first thing I do each morning is check to make sure they’re actually there and weren’t just a beautiful dream. (So far they’ve stuck around.)
Here’s a list of things that’ve happened since I last updated:
- Finally saw Black Swan with my girl gang and it was … perfect.
- My crappy phone died freeing me to enslave myself to a BlackBerry. The phone is dead, long live the phone!
- Made a bunch of new friends all because I went out by myself one night. This is not to be confused with a tale of self-confidence and putting-yourself-out-there winning out. More like, when you want a beer, you should go get a beer because good things happen to those who don’t deny themselves the simple things in life… mostly beer. (A theory that requires more testing.)
- I was the most violently ill I’ve ever been for two and a half days straight, and not entirely right for at least a week and a half — probably due to pizza related food poisoning? Still #1 in love with pizza though.
- Caught the World Cafe Live show/taping with Kurt Vile, and was really into it. I like that I’m walking distance to WC and can sneak over during lunch for cool free shows.
- Found some key elements for my personal style goal for 2011, which J so aptly described as “summertime urban goth.”
- My pretend big brother and his girlfriend had a baby girl in February. I’m a fake auntie!
- Finally saw Pee-Wee’s Big Adventure on a big screen. What’s left to do in life, really?
- Changed the layout here while I was upgrading WordPress.
- Saw The Ex at the First Unitarian with J, and we decided it was the greatest show we’ve ever seen and nothing will ever compare to it …so that’s kind of a drag. But no regrets!
This weekend was one of the best despite being cold and ending in a hangover that went next-level three bites into the most delicious brunch. Between all of the good people I got to see this weekend… a birthday beauty and revelers and out of towners and proud-new-cd-releasers (rightfully so, too!) I spent most of it in a super excited daze wondering how life got to be so fucking fantastic. I just want to squeeze all of my friends until they run away like all of the cats I’ve seen lately tend to. (Elmyra forever.)
Do you like my new pic?: <3_<3